How do I start using Online Bill Pay today?
Users with the role of “administrator” can set up themselves or others with the ability to enter banking information and Pay invoices.
- Hover over your “My Account” drop down menu and select “users”
- If you do not see “users” in the drop down menu your login does not have administrative access. No worries, you can still use Online Bill Pay. Email email@example.com to request Online Bill Pay activation.
- Click on your own name in the list of users (or the name of the user for whom you wish to turn on this feature)
- Select “edit User”
- Scroll down on the edit user screen. You will see the main accounts and sub accounts listed, and a slider labeled “Payment Admin (on/off)”. Turn this “On”
- Select SAVE at the bottom of the screen
How do I see which invoices are due?
When Online Bill Pay is active, you will see new options available to you in your “My Account” Dropdown
- Make Payment link
- Messages link to invoices due and or past due.
Online Bill Pay FAQ
Border States E-Commerce is used by customer users at different roles within a customer company. To protect customer banking information, we do not turn on bill pay by default for all user accounts; users must be manually validated as authorized to view bank account information and make payments.
Invoices that you pay will immediately go into ‘pending’ status – It generally takes 24 hours to validate payment, and once the system does that, paid invoices will appear as ‘Paid’ in the your invoice history.
You can view and select a maximum of 100 invoices at one time in the Make Payment Screen.
If you have credits that can be applied to ANY invoice, they will be available to select in the “make payment” screen that you see after you have selected invoices to pay.
Note: some credits can only be applied to a specific invoice. Those will show with the invoice in this same screen as “bound” credits.
Cash discount credits are applied AUTOMATICALLY to your invoice. There is no action needed on your part to apply this credit beyond paying online within the Cash Discount deadline. If you are within the cash discount deadline, you will see this discount automatically reflected in the invoice total.
Cash discount credits are applied AUTOMATICALLY to your invoice anytime you view invoices within the Cash Discount deadline.
If you are within the cash discount deadline, you will see this discount automatically reflected in the invoice total column.