Border States’ e-commerce site includes the ability for you to pay your Border States invoices using bank transfers/ACH information. You can see all of your open invoices, choose the invoices you want to pay, securely manage your banking information and assign permissions to other users at your company to pay bills. Take a quick look below to learn how you can get started today!
How do I start using Online Bill Pay?
Users with administrative access can activate Online Bill Pay for any user to enter banking information and pay invoices.
Watch this short video or use the instructions below to learn how you can activate Online Bill Pay:
- Hover over the My Account drop-down menu and select Users.
- If you do not see Users in the drop-down, your login does not have administrative access. No worries — you can still use Online Bill Pay!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request Online Bill Pay activation.
- Click on your name in the list of users (or the name of the user for whom you wish to turn on this feature).
- Select Edit User.
- Scroll down on the Edit User screen. You will see the main accounts and subaccounts listed and a slider labeled Payment Admin (On/Off). Turn this on.
- Click Save.
How do I see which invoices are due?
To confirm Online Bill Pay is active, use the My Account drop-down menu to locate the following options:
- Make Payment.
- My Messages – Shows due or past-due invoices.
How do I complete payment?
Watch this short video or use the instructions below to learn how you can select invoices and complete payment:
- Hover over the My Account drop-down menu.
- Select My Messages to view any due or past-due invoices.
- Select Make Payment to view all invoices for payment (a maximum of 100 invoices can be viewed at once).
- If you are within a Cash Discount Credit deadline, the discount is automatically applied to your invoice and shown in the Invoice Total column.
- You can select multiple invoices for a single payment by clicking the check boxes in the far-left column of the invoice list.
- Click Make Payment.
- Bound credits, which are tied to a specific invoice, will show in the invoice section as applied by default.
- Select any available credits you want applied to the payment by clicking the check boxes in far-left column of the credits list.
- Once available credits are applied, enter your banking information (payment method, account type, etc.).
- Check the box Remember my payment information. to save your bank account information for future payments.
- Click Submit Payment.
- The following screen shows the total payment submitted. You will also receive email confirmation with the same information.
- Note: Paid invoices go into Pending status. It generally It generally takes 24 hours to validate payment. Once validated, invoices will appear as Paid in your invoice history.
Border States’ e-commerce is used by users in different roles within a company. To protect customer banking information, we do not activate Online Bill Pay by default for all user accounts; users must be manually validated as authorized to view bank account information and make payments.
Once you pay an invoice, it will immediately have a pending status. Generally, it takes 24 hours to validate a payment. Once validated, paid invoices will appear as Paid in your invoice history.
You can view and select a maximum of 100 invoices at once in the Make Payment screen.
If you have credits that can be applied to any invoice, they will be available to select in the Make Payment screen, which you can view after you have selected the invoices you wish to pay.
Note: Some credits can only be applied to a specific invoice. These will appear as bound credits in the same screen with the invoice.
Cash Discount Credits are applied automatically to your invoice. There is no action needed to apply this credit beyond paying online prior to the Cash Discount Credit deadline. If you are within the deadline, you will see this discount automatically reflected in the invoice total.
Cash Discount Credits are applied automatically to your invoice anytime you view invoices within the Cash Discount Credit deadline. If you are within the deadline, you will see this discount automatically reflected in the Invoice Total column.