In today’s economy, it is necessary to have migration solutions that help you to achieve increased productivity and lessen your risk of maintaining your legacy equipment. You need to work with a supplier that has the product, service and industry knowledge to partner with you on an upgrade strategy to maximize your competitive advantage.
MicroLogix™ 1200 controllers have been valuable products in our Allen-Bradley controller portfolio for over two decades. Along with industry-leading reliability for the products, protecting customers’ automation investments is why manufacturers have selected over two million MicroLogix controllers to run their industrial processes. Rockwell Automation has advised that the MicroLogix™ 1200 family will be discontinued for sale effective Tuesday, August 31.
As market needs of industry and application requirements evolved and available technology improved, we have introduced the Micro800™ controller platform with expanded capabilities. This newer control system offers greater features and superior performance.
The Micro800™ family is designed to meet basic and smart control needs with the following advantages:
- Modular design with plug-in concept offers high flexibility to customize your controller to your application needs.
- Highly scalable – For more input/output (I/O), there are Micro800™ Expansion I/O modules and CompactBlock LDX I/O on DeviceNet.
- The offering scales from simple relay control to more complex motion and drive control.
- Easy communication to various devices through embedded Ethernet, serial and USB ports. Complement new or existing third-party devices by connecting via EtherNet/IP™, DeviceNet, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, ASCII and open socket capabilities.
- Controller change supports reuse of a project that is developed on one controller to the other.
- Common design platform – Connected Components Workbench™ software is the software for all essential devices, such as human machine interface (HMI), drive and motion control (free download for Standard Edition).
- Sample application code reduces machine development time and improves time to market.
Upgrades and conversions are simple thanks to flexible I/O configurations and easy to use software program conversion tools.
|MicroLogix™ 1200 catalog number||MicroLogix™ 1200 controller description||Discontinued date*||Recommended replacement Micro870® or Micro850® catalog number||Micro800™ controller description|
|MicroLogix™ 1200 24 point controller||31-Aug-21||2080-LC70-24QBB
|Micro870® 24 I/O EtherNet/IP™ controller|
|Micro850® 24 I/O EtherNet/IP™ controller|
|MicroLogix™ 1200 40 point controller||31-Aug-21||2080-LC50-48AWB
|Micro850® 48 I/O EtherNet/IP™ controller|