Recent updates to BSE e-commerce
BSE customers and employee-owners are a valuable voice for feedback and improvements to our site We welcome any and all feedback here: https://www.borderstates.com/feedback
May 27 2021
General Site Improvements
- We made it easier to see and update your profile email
- We fixed a bug that was forcing you to reselect your default preferences
- We sped up your experience when deleting items from your cart
- We quashed some bugs related to signing out, signing in, and pricing speed
May 13 2021
Here are some of the most noticeable improvements that make the site easier to use:
The overall shopping cart display has been updated to better use available page space and improve the checkout experience.
- The “Buying for” section was moved from the top to the right of the shopping cart allowing for the items to be visible sooner reducing scrolling to see shopping cart items
- Shopping cart item layout update to take up less space on the page and group the most important information together
- Plus/minus quantity change functionality allowing for changes to quantities without typing a value
- Larger images to improve the visual confirmation
- Right side bar scrolls with the user as they scroll the down and up the page
- Keeps the Order Summary in view as users scroll through the shopping cart
- “Buying for” information stays visible while scrolling
- The right sidebar moves to below the cart on smaller screens allowing the user to start the checkout process after confirming the items in their shopping cart
- Users are now able to change the Quantity and Unit of Measure of items within a My List and save the changes.
- The user is also able to make changes, add to cart, and discard changes for when they do not want the changes to persist.
- If the user tries to leave the page without saving changes they are informed of unsaved changes.
- When updating the quantity minimum order quantities are enforced the same way they are on other areas of the site.
- The tabbing sequence within a My List now allows users to tab from the quantity field of a My List item to the quantity field of the next item. This is intended to reduce the time it takes a user to update several quantities within a My List.
Material Availability and Price
- Speed improvements to material availability and price loading by reducing database lookups required.
Site Search fixes
- Cleaned up product classification code resulting in improved search result speed
- Fixed the way search results handle short phrases “or” or “and”
- Significantly reduced number of database lookups needed to return search results
Fixes to Customer experience with Account context
- Fixed a bug where Account Context change sometimes did not show account info in drop down
- Improved terminology based on user feedback: “change purchase account setting” button was causing confusion and frustration
Here are some behind the scenes improvements that are not as noticeable on the front end while enabling significant improvements in site speed:
- Google Analytics improvements
- Updates to the link Guest Users are taken to when wanting to create an account
- Issues with icon visibility resolved
- Index Errors resolved
- Product Display Page bug fixes
- Order confirmation Code fixes
- Fixes to customer notifications in case of error
- Site Search improvements
- Multiple menu link corrections
- Mobile view fixes in “recent” activity section